Monday, March 4, 2013

Hello!!!!
 
How is everybody doing?? Everything is going well for me! We had a pretty good week. The weather here is pretty freakin amazing not gonna lie. So lets go ahead and start on some stories and updates.
 
Charlie is going to be moving so.. I dont know what were gonna do about him. He wasnt able to make it to church on sunday because of his new medication, but thats okay. We are still meeting with him until he leaves. He leaves whoa I think tomorrow!! I didnt even notice... oh boy. He doesnt know where he is going. Him and his roommates are getting evicted. He is in such a terrible environment its not even funny. He needs to get out of there. They do so many drugs and steal crap from stores and who knows what else they do. He cant stand being around them though, but he cant afford to live on his own. Such a great guy though.
 
So earlier this week we were on exchanges and we went to go see a potential investigator and she didnt asnwer. As we were leaving I turned around and some random dude was waving us over. We went over to him and he asked us to say a prayer for his home because there has been so much contention between him and his wife. They got their kids taken away from them because of it. His wife wasnt there but we went in and said a prayer on his home. At the end of the prayer we looked up and he was in tears. He said he felt so much better already. We explained to him how the gospel blesses families and he invited us back for this friday. He has to go to jail for a couple days because of driving on a suspended license. I'm excited to see what happens this week. Hopefully we end up teaching him!
 
We went to go see an investigator who is my age and has a kid. Her little brother answered the door and let us in to their families home. There were sooo many kids running around. It was like a zoo. This was the first time they had let us into their home so that was a miracle in itself. But there was a lady there who is the aunt of our investigator. She saw us and was like "I LOVE MORMONS!" and talked to us about our church and how she has studied it so much and it makes the most sense out of all of them. She was coming in and out of the lesson though because she was taking care of the kids. She heard us talking about the book of mormon and she was like I have that book! I asked if she reads it and she said yes all the time. I was just thinking what in the world.. why is this lady not a member. She said she believes its true and everything! hahaha she then said she thought being mormon was the missing piece in her life until she got offended by a mormon. She is really sensitive she said. I told her I had some stuff i would like to share with her another time and she said schedule an apt with the family and she will be there. Our appointment is tonight so we will see how that goes.
 
We set a baptismal date for Crystal we finally got a hold of her. It is scheduled for the 23rd but it was a soft baptismal date. She said she would be baptized by that date but we have sooo much that we need to teach her still. She also needs to quit smoking and come to church so IF she does ever get baptized it wont be on the 23rd but its kinda a goal for her right now. We will see how things go. I cant remember if that happened this week or last week so sorry if i already told you.. haha.
 
Lee the amputee African American  hasnt been able to meet with us because dyalisis is killing him. I'm sure grandma understands where he is coming from.
 
I hope the grandparents are doing well. I miss them both so much. Grandma and Grandpa Thorne me and my buddy here have decided were gonna come visit you guys when we get back because he has grandparents in st george too by the outlets :). Grandma and Grandpa Howell I forgot to tell you I think thank you so much for the package. It means a lot.. I hope you guys are doing well. :)
 
Mom, did you send my package yet? Just wondering because the appt sent out a letter saying mail was missing and that they were changing things around for our safety so just making sure its not supposed to be here yet. BTW I love what your studying . Read Alma 7: 11-13 I believe. Its sooooooooo good! I share that with people a lot.
 
I cant believe Madi leaves this month. That means Zack leaves here shortly... WHoaaaa thats sick. I got an Ecuador satchel thing from thrift store here that they would love.
 
I hope Trenton is doing well... I bet its really hard for him right now though. Especially with spanish.. I cant imagine how hard it would be. If he is struggling right now I'm sure things will pick up. It was super hard at first. I'll send him an email it will be ok dont worry. I sent him a picture with a letter on it the day before he left so he should have gotten it on Thursday. I hope it kinda helps him.
 
Well I think thats all I have to share for this week! We had some pretty cool miracles happen this past week. Hopefully things keep moving forward! I love you all so much! If there is anything i can do for you out here in California let me know. I miss you all soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! btw thank you so much janae for the email I'll write you back. Time for me to bounce.. Peace out family! Love you! XXXOOOOOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOOOOOOOOXXXX :)
 
P.S Sorry I dont have any new pictures to give you guys.. :( Still love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment