Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hey family!!






This past week was really good for us. We were able to pick up a few new investigators. We havent been able to hear from Charlie. He was evicted and were not sure where he ended up. He said that he would give us a call when he gets wherever it is he is going and we havent heard from him yet :(. Thats okay.. we will just have faith that he will eventually call.





We got in contact with Crystal that was really good. She struggles with smoking and all that crap so we talked to her about the word of wisdom. She says she wants to stop smoking, but she just loves it too much. She understood the importance of the word of wisdom. She said the closing prayer and she said "please help me overcome my addictions so i can be baptized." me and timberlake when we left were like no way.. she is legit haha. We are taking her on a church tour this week so she can start coming to church. We have a hard time getting investigators to church. Hopefully things start picking up.





I cant remember if I told you about these people last week but we have a family with a daughter named Victoria, mom named Korisha, and aunt named Charice. We had a really great lesson with Korisha and the first time we met her she said she wasnt interested in converting but after this lesson about the Restoration and Priesthood Authority she started questioning things. We told her about how families can be together forever and she said she believes she will see a family member in heaven . What we explained was very comforting to her. She has been sick so we havent been able to meet with any of them for awhile. I hope when we meet with Charice we can help her to understand the people in the church arent perfect. Because she believes the church is true but wont convert because she got offended. Victoria is just kinda chillin with the lessons. She will come around though eventually.





We had a lesson with Lee the African American without legs and he talked to us about our dedication. He said what do i need to do to become a mormon and be dedicated like you guys. His wife was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa did you just say hunny" (in her accent) she wasnt trying to be rude she just was shocked with what he said. She was kinda pushin him away during the lesson but we hope he will come around. Its hard with her though.. she is extremely nice to us though. We cant meet with him regularly because his health. We hope we can meet with him this week though.





There is a guy named Andy. I talked about him last week. He was the one about the prayer in the home. We were on exchanges but timberlake went and saw him and he is pretty solid. I will get to find out more about him sometime this week. He said hed come to church once he met with us more.





There are 18 year old twins that we have taught. They are just curious about Mormons. Not too sure about how legit they are about being baptized or anything but we will be able to find out more as we meet with them. Maybe eventually they will come around.





I cant think of any special stories off the top of my head. I have some good news though. We got new rules that we can now email family and friends! Hopefully it stays that way! I finally can start emailing everybody back. Glad to hear that your mouth is doing fine. I'll keep you in my prayers. Maybe send some pictures :)





I did not get Thornes package :( Sorry.. I feel bad I never got it. Maybe they have it in the office but idk. I will have to check around. I dont think its there though. Did she send it to the mission home?





Everything is great with me though! Just pushin along. Missionary work is tough not gonna lie.. but its worth it in the end. I pray for you all each and every day. Miss you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I brag about my family at dinner appointments sometimes :) its pretty much the best. Love you all soooooooooooooooooooo much!! Peace out until next week! Love your son, grandson, nephew, friend, brother, cousin whatever my relationship is to you. Buh Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he's a great missionary Lorilee! I can't wait to be a missionary mom.... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete