Monday, January 28, 2013

Hello best family ever!!!!!!! This past week was pretty good. I love my new companion. This week we had to give up our most solid investigator Mario away because he moved to a different ward. He is in a part memeber family and he is so solid. He comes to church every week and knows everybody. This past week he had a huge concern with the Joseph Smith Story so we taught him the importance of prayer and reading from the Book of Mormon. He understood that very well. Now his only hold back from baptism is that he is scared of what God is gonna have him do. In priesthood he brought it up and we had a discussion about it. I hope it helped him. He is going to be baptized so soon i feel it. We had a VERY spirtitual lesson with him. He knows its true. He is just scared. I cant wait to see him get Baptized. Hopefully U'm still in Vacaville when he does. Other than that we have picked up a couple new investigators but nobody really progressing yet. Missionary work is so frustrating when people dont keep commitments or recognize how important this gospel is for their salvation. A lot of people just go throughout this life thinking there is no purpose. I dont get it. I would be sooooooooooo lost. Im so blessed to have grown up in such a solid family. i love you dudes. We have a LA in our ward. He is homebound though so its not his fault he is less active. He actually doesnt have legs and has soooo many medical problems. It's so sad to watch him struggle. He has such an amazing story concerning his life and we're trying to get his story in the Paper or in the Ensign or something like that because his story would touch sooo many lives. I would share it with you but its sooooooooo long. To Make a kong story short he was a drug addict and turned down Missionaries for 17 years then one day they ran into him and he was at his lowest and listened to what they had to say and it changed him sooo fast. He once had both legs but had to get them both amputated. Soo sad. His faith is incredible though. His story makes me think that people can change. The Atonement has sooo much power. Sometimes you can feel like there is no hope, but that is denying the Atonements power. We had a Zone Conference and Woodland Zone (my last area) this Zone and Fairfield. So i got to see a lot of the friends I made in Woodland there. That was a lot of fun. President Alba slammed down on us on how we need to pick it up. Its so hard sometiems because we cant control peoples agency. Were working hard though, but just like anything there is always room for improvement. Hes trying to get this mission motivated because once Pres. Bunker left it kinda went downhill so he is trying to pick it back up. Hopefully people understand how important it is that we listen to his council. We had a little testimony meeting after for the farewell missionaries and a few mins of open floor. And yes i got up... it was super weird hahaha people from the Woodland Zone came up to me and told me how much i have grown and what not. I'm still the same me though. Freakin goof :). There was a great spirit there though. Thats really all the special events that happened this week. Of course there are some other events that happened, but it would take FOREVER to share them all. I actually had a guy come up to me holding his baby and said kiss my baby i know youre from the Lord. I was like uhhhhhhhhhhh I dont think i can do that and he got so mad hahaha so awkward. People are funny. Speaking of babies I need a nephew and I NEED pictures of Grant please! Mom you have sooo many figure out how to send them to me :) gracias mama. Mom im so glad to hear you got a calling!! Thats so exciting! You are gonna be great at it I know it. If you need anything from me like stories or something let me know. I'll hook you up. I'll hook a mama up. Trenton has a month left!!! Thats so sick. I gave you the right address to my new place so im good there. Hopefully my homies know so my letters dont go to davis. Speaking of davis. yes im getting fed here more than davis actually. We have dinner everyday. I love this Ward. The only problem is getting them out on splits. If anybody has ideas on tips to encourage members for splits or motivate them with missionary work let me know. I'm doing great though here! Mom yes i did hear from Elder Blake kinda. There was a relayed message to me saying he loved me and his first date back home was awkward hahaha i love that guy. I hope everything is going well back at home. I miss you all so very much and pray for you each individually everyday. Im sorry to the other family memebrs that i cant email :( im so very sorry. Its hard i know.. I'll try getting you letters as much as possible. I love you all soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! If there is anyting i can do for you guys just holla atcha boy. Peace out until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment