Monday, September 10, 2012

I can't believe I leave on Tuesday!! I'm so stoked but im not sure if im ready. I really have learned so much here its awesome. Some of the funniest and funnest experiences of my life have been here. As much as i love it here, it sucks at the same time haha. It's so repetitive. It's a great learning experience though. Trenton you're my hero keep up the good work. My parents cant do it all i guess ;). Thank you for shipping my stuff to the mission home. Can't wait to get there. Actually.. I can't wait to get to the airport and call home! I'm so looking forward to that it's not even funny. GO AGGIES!!!! I read that and started celebrating giving high fives to everybody around me! That's soooo sick! I probably will be able to hear the BYU game tonight.. Bleh.. It's okay though. Hopefully they destroy like they did last week. I really want updates though of the games. I love hearing about them. I miss them so much, but I'm in the best place possible right now. I saw Cole Morgan the day he got here. I saw him in the cafeteria and walked over to him to give him a big hug. I was so glad to see him! He is gonna be an amazing missionary. We talked a little bit and he said the curb was terrible haha it really is though.. Glad I don't have to do that again. I also saw him yesterday and he is doing pretty good. Just being a beginner just like everybody else has done. His companion is struggling though.. hopefully things get better. Nate villegas leaves 3 weeks after me haha. I got here after him and leave before him :) he's upset about that. I literally see him everyday! I don't know if i'll go play soccer today because my whole district plays basketball.. it's such a good time. I'll play once I get out into the field. So about my week... I have one very good story. So my district is a bunch of goofs.. We like to have a good time a little too much. Anyway.. we had to teacher our teacher/investigator and he knew we were not taking it seriously. When the first companionship went down to teach him the teacher sent them back. We were all confused. The companionship stood up in front of the class and said Bro Reeves (teacher) is not happy with us and doesnt want to come up. So... we fixed all our problems and decided we need to change. Well.. that night we had a district teaching with Bro Reeves in mirror/window room. Each companionship takes 10 mins to teach and then the next companionship goes. WE NAILED THE LESSON!! The spirit was so strong. At the end Bro Reeves comes out with tears in his eyes and said "This is a new district than 2 hours ago." It was such an amazing experience. Since then everybody has been working hard. I still personally struggle teaching haha everybody is so smart! It's okay.. things will get better. Our district is so fun though. At night we made bows and arrows out of hangers and launch them at each other, tell stories about girls haha, make fun of each other, oh and last night i tried buying a hot pocket and it got stuck! So i tried buying another one and the first one came down but the second got stuck! So i took a hanger and tried shoving it down into the vending machine to push it down and i look over and there is a camera. I was out of there so fast hahaha everybody was in there watching me. We were laughing way hard. I finally got it though because this kid in my zone bought a hot pocket by it and it pushed mine off. Great kid :). We also made a launcher out of this rubber band thing and launched apples! That was pretty sweet watching them splatter haha. We have so much fun here. It's gonna be hard leaving them behind at the airport.. we have become close. I had in-field orientation yesterday. That is for all the missionaries that leave the next week. That was sooooo boring. It was basically 13 hours of just listening to people talk. BUT on the bright side we had 2 hour lunch and dinner so i was able to squeeze in 2 naps. I miss naps so much... haha. The devotionals here are really good. We have had 2 people from the quorum of the 70 speak.. I don't remember their names, but they were really good. The spirit here is just so strong its amazing. I don't really have much to say.. it's kinda same old same old. Big thanks to my grandparents for their letters and emails, my brothers and their letters, my dad and his email, Jon and Trenton Neilson for their letters, Macee for her letter, my mom and her DAILY dear elders I love those so much! I always feel special getting mail. Marlies Robinson and Kayla Criddle also wrote me! I also am getting to email Ryan Head, Zac Farnworth, Jordan Tuckfield, and Trevor Osborne. I email them because theres no way I'm sending out a letter. That will take FOREVER! Thank you everybody for those it really means so much to me! I LOVE hearing from all of you! Sorry if I forgot anybody.. I'm doing this off the top of my head because I left my journal back at residence. I'm going to quickly try sending the pictures I sent to the gmail account to this hotmail one. Hopefully it works. Looking forward to the phone call on Tuesday! I don't know what time i'll call. I only know it's between 6-845.. LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU ALL!! Elder Howell- Tanner had the opportunity to see a lot of his friends and former soccer teammates while in the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment