Monday, September 3, 2012

Ok so hello everybody. Everything is going great here. I’m still struggling here teaching haha but I'm learning so much and I love it. I’m kind of sick of the repetition though, so I'm excited to get out of here. I hope everything starts clicking as soon as I get out there haha. I got my travel plans and I'm getting out of here on September 11th and my flight leaves at 8:46am. I'll be flying Delta Air Lines. It was such an amazing feeling getting that bad boy. I'm almost there. So about my district. I love these guys. I have had so much fun here with them. It’s going to be hard leaving them behind. There are 12 of us and 4 of us are going to Santa Rosa the rest to Roseville. My companion is way chill but he doesn't like soccer so I have to stay in the gym and play basketball which is still way fun. I own all day long :) My companions name is Nick Miller and he is from Pennsylvania. I have become really close with this other elder in our district that is going to Roseville, California. We're like the exact same person. Both not super intelligent and laugh a lot. Not going to lie.. I laugh at inappropriate times sometimes but it’s so hard when something is funny. Everybody makes fun of my laugh and we just have a good time. I’m going to tell you about the people in my district. Elder Ashby-My really good friend. He's from Pocatello, Idaho and super chill. He's going to be playing some college ball when he gets home. That's pretty tight. Elder Soloman-He's such a goof. Funniest kid I have ever met though. I love him. He has like ADHD or something and can't focus, makes me laugh so hard. Elder Miller-My companion. He likes metal music and farms in Pennsylvania. Doesn't like any sports really except four square. :/ Elder Murray-Super chill guy from Syracuse, Utah. Played football in high school and is getting a super strong testimony so fast. Elder Young-From Hoodriver, Oregon. He is just like me and Ashby. We get along very well. Went to Westminster for a year. Elder Ballard-He is a giant. Very scary guy when he's angry and builds engines for planes. Great guy though. Elder Lundell-Short chubby kid. Super funny and way nice. He played high school football somewhere around here I don't remember where. Elder Balaiche-Going to Santa Rosa. Super chill guy. Went to BYU and is a spiritual giant. Elder Kruckeberg-He is going to Santa Rosa too. Loves cars and is way chill. Elder Edwards-Lavell Edwards nephew. He is definitely a spiritual giant. Very quiet but super nice kid. Great example. Elder Heinke-Just know he hates sports. Very strict. Not fun. Me, Kruckeberg, Balaich, Miller, Murray, and Edwards room together. We know how to have a good time. A spiritual experience I would like to share happened on Monday in TRC. We practice teaching real investigators. Me and my companion nailed it once. We felt the spirit sooo strongly and she started crying. We felt so awesome getting her to cry.. :) We talked about her daughter and how she is mentally handicapped and we told her she will be perfect in heaven with a resurrected body. She is an amazing woman. We have basically 10 hours or something of class a day. It's a killer.. But I’m enjoying strengthening my testimony and meeting so many people. I see Carson Broadhead quite a bit. Saw Isaac Yates twice.. he wrote me a letter for my first day getting here. I love that kid. I've seen Dallin Van Mondfrans only a couple times. I see Nate Villegas I swear daily. I have seen Dylan Reynolds only a couple times too. I love running into people I know.. It makes me feel so much better. One super funny story I'm going to share real quick. Yesterday 8 of us were in the elevator and Elder Young had the genius idea to jump and we broke the elevator hahaha. We got stuck in there for 45 minutes and missed our TRC. Everybody was wondering where we were at. It was soooo funny. It was 90 degrees in there, we were dying of heat. Shhhh they don't know we jumped ;) I love you all so much! I hope I answer lots of questions and gave you an idea what's going on here. Big thanks to Trenton, Teri, Grandma Howell, Grandma Thorne, Macee, Justin, Brayton, Hannah Belnap, and Madalie Darrington for writing me. Love you all so much! Until next time.. Elder Howell out! Temple Day- Tanner with his companion, and 2 other members of his district.

No comments:

Post a Comment