Monday, October 1, 2012

Hello!!!! I first wanna tell you how great today has been. Woke up and went and played some soccer. I can't tell you how amazing that was to get out and go play again. i miss it so much. I loved it. Can't wait to get home and playing it again. Anyway after that I went home and I had a package from my favorite family! Thank you so much for the pictures and snacks! I LOVE IT! Yes there are a couple other pictures I would like.. There were some pictures with me tagged in them right before I left I would like. And the one with me jordan zack nate and thomas was super blurry haha. I know there is a better one out there that I would like. If you don't want to send them thats totally fine haha I understand. Earlier this week we did a blitz for a different area. Thats where a bunch of missionaries go in and try to get some work done. During that blitz i placed my first book of mormon! i was pretty excited. But.. about those baptisms. They didnt happend because the 18 year old got kicked out of the house because there was so much contention. So he is living with a widow who has the most caring heart ever. I love her. Anyway so the 2 baptisms are post-poned and will be happening separetly (idk how to spell) We dont have dates for those yet. but we do have a SOLID baptismal date for the 11th. I'm so stoked! And a family that comes and goes actually called us and we met up. They want to make a 6 week plan for them to be ready to be baptized. Thats super exciting. A lot of pressure is on me though because they love elder blake and he is probably leaving after this transfer. They have separation anxiety basically so i have to become really close with them super fast to keep them around. I can do it though. I'm sick like that ;). Something really cool that happened this week is we didnt know what to do about the postponed baptism, so i gave elder blake a blessing to help us both figure out what to do. We think we came up with the right choice. Nothing else is happening really. Just keep meeting people and talking to them. No new investigators yet. Were trying to focus on the ones that are soo close or falling away. Some of the recent converts I have met are the nicest strongest peole ever. They are such an amazing example. This guy i shall name "S" (like what jaren does) has very very little and yet he is the happiest old dude. I love him! he is going so strong. About to get the priesthood soon and just can't wait. I love the people i'm around. Something really funny that happened the other day was we were on exchanges and I was with Elder R who reminds me of people on big bang theory. We were riding our bikes and i was ahead of him on a trail. He comes flying up to me and in the most worried concerned voice he yells "elder howell elder howell I think i just ran over a squirrel!" hahaha and he explained this thing shot out of bush went under his tire and hit his ankle. He turned around and this squirrel was limping away hahaha he felt so bad. I love this kid. (he goes home on the 22 :( ) Glad to hear that BYU dominated. I heard there defense is like 9th in the nation or something. That's way sweet. I talk to the members sometimes about it and my companion just looks at me like yup you're a greenie haha i love it. Yes things are getting more and more familiar. I probably will be here another transfer which will be good so i can get to know the people and area more. I love it here. Even though its not that beautiful I love the people! Groceries are coming good! I'm learning how to shop kinda.. I just go for cheap microwavable stuff haha. Hopefully i dont get fat! We get like $130 a month. I hope that keeps me from spending my home money so i can go to Utah St. when I get home! :)Mom/Family thank you so much for getting the pictures and snacks together. As i said i received them today! I really really appreciate it. I don't really have much more to say.. Its just same old same old. I pray for all of you every night!! I love you all sooooooo much!! Hope all is well!! So um.. i got emails back saying you didnt get some haha. I hope you got the main one and my pictures.. i hope my account is just being dumb. Gotta go now. Love you so much mom!! Gonna go convert my bretheren and sistas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment